This morning was day two for our Post Office project. The classroom was filled excitement and learning as the children worked through each station. The price of stamps went up today. The price for Feb. 11 was 3 cents for kinders, 6 cents for 1st graders and express mail was 50 cents.
After recess was our letter of the week poem/lesson. Our letter for this week is W. The poem was filled with many wonderful words about waves and wonder.
For writers workshop we read a wonderful book titled “Miss Brooks Loves Books! and I don’t!” This book helped the children to understand the difference between an opinion and a fact. After the story we had a lively discussion about “what is an opinion?” and “what is a fact?” Here is a list of some of what they shared:
examples of an opinion –
– a black cat is the best color for a cat
– sharing what you like or don’t like is just an opinion
– sharing what you think or believe is an opinion
examples of a fact –
– it is something that is true
– something that is true to everyone not just you
– mailboxes are where we put our mail