Today we had our first field trip, an outing up to San Francisco to visit me at my house. We had a fun visit.
Some highlights included:
- playing games and doing puzzles that my daughters had left out for the class
- visiting the garage (a.k.a. my husband’s woodworking shop and surfboard storage) and peeking at the outrigger canoe my husband built
- going into the backyard to pick apples
- mini free choice in the playroom
- a read aloud of Frankie and the Phoenix about how a fireboat and portable fire hydrant saved the day in SF during the Loma Prieta earthquake
- picking out a sand dollar and seeing the “doves” that live inside sea dollars
Many thanks to our drivers Liz, Shauna, Heather, Maureen, Kathy and Jessica who battled the fog and helped out today, and to our two field trip reps, the two Heathers, for all their organization!